Wow, it has already been a very busy week! Here’s a quick update:
1. Last week, I had a short-but-sweet chat with the Monster Ninjas illustrator, Shane Nitzsche. And it would appear that we will now have to refer to him as the former Monster Ninjas illustrator. He has the “chance of a lifetime” to work full-time drawing everybody’s favorite super heroes and movie characters, and we wish him nothing but the best.
2. So, I posted an ad on Digital Webbing, looking for Shane’s replacement. We are still sifting through the submissions, but there are already a couple of frontrunners.
3. On top of that, I was contacted just today by a publisher who expressed some level of interest in publishing a Monster Ninjas graphic novel. These sorts of things often amount to nothing, so there’s no reason to get excited yet. But it’s flattering even to be contacted.
4. I have already started packing my gear and getting myself organized for my favorite weekend of the year. This Saturday and Sunday is Minnesota’s biggest comic book convention: SpringCon! If you are lucky enough to attend, stop by my table and say hello.
5. And, of course, most exciting of all, we are putting the finishing touches on the Monster Ninjas motion comic! We are only three days away from its release on YouTube. Whoo-hoo!